16 September 2010

Circuit Training

Next week is the start of my Circuit Training class. I have my checklist: the venue is booked, I’m insured up to the eyeballs (so please don’t trip and hurt yourself on purpose!) and I have a licence to play music - SO all I need now are some pupils!!

So you may I ask why should I do circuit training? What I love about it is its versatility and adaptability. So in a class of 10 I can have a selection of people who may range in fitness, but who can all take part in the same class. The exercises can change week to week and you can also do a sports related class (Ski Fit is popular for those planning to hit the slopes and I’ll be looking to develop a Triathlon specific class)

The best thing for me about CT is that it can incorporate a total body workout. It can be cardiovascular (fat burning) whilst working on muscular strength and endurance as well. A CT session has 8-10 stations, each with a different exercise - I would mix these up by having different upper/lower body exercises, core and CV. When you jump between the stations ready for the next exercise your pulse stays high, so it really provides a fantastic all round workout.

My knee has kindly let me take part in a few classes over the last couple of weeks. Many people might think of CT to be a military type workout, being barked orders at. This can be the case, but it doesn’t have to. What I’ve really enjoyed is the excitement of working out in a class, other people pushing themselves, the beads of sweat running down the faces of your fellow classmates. Although it’s individual exercise, you also work together as a team. I enjoyed it and I’m sure you will too…

This class has now evolved into FIT CLUB click to view!

Details of the class:

Venue: Christchurch, 620 High Road, North Finchley, London, N12 0NU (the church opposite Homebase)

The class is in the small hall behind the church. You want the entrance on the left of the building.

Parking: You can park down the side of the church. Other classes might be in progress, so if there is no room, residents parking on nearby streets would have finished at 6:30, but please dbl check.

Time: Evening
Morning class TBC

Cost: Introductory offer £3 per class, once finished 6 classes £45.

Please contact me to check availability.


SEE YOU THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment